Driver Training Services in Wilton, Cork
Although I focus primarily on teaching youngsters to drive properly, pass their driving test and respect the cars they drive in Winton, Cork and surrounds, I also provide a range of specialist instruction at more advanced levels. I am a fully registered Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) with the Road Safety Authority RSA in Ballina, County Mayo, and a Mercedes-certified mechanic. It’s this unusual skillset that makes the difference when driving the Gary Meggs way.
- Essential Driver Training – You’ll find this unpacked in detail on my EDT and PRE-TEST pages. For the sake of completeness I’ll mention this is preparation for the basic driver licence test.
- Advanced Driver Training – This provides additional skills that I believe any fully rounded light vehicle driver ought to have. I currently offer the following modules, although I am open to specialist requests:
- Motorway skills including maintaining a safe distance and arriving safely if not first
- Adapting to driving on the right-hand side of the road when in country’s that require this
- Driving in snowy conditions, fitting safety chains and controlling a vehicle on icy roads
- Navigating through flooded areas, controlling skids and deciding when to pull over and wait
- Driving on dirt roads, knowing which hazards to look for and overtaking a slow-moving vehicle
- Health and Safety Inspections – I have a program I developed especially for companies with vehicle fleets. This includes periodic driver requalification, roadworthiness inspections, and pre-emptive vehicle maintenance schedules.
- Driver Refresher Courses – New drivers with demerits, older ones with re-offenses and seniors over 70 all require to do a refresher test. These are by definition strict and all benefit from a few hours’ up skilling.
- Specialist Vehicle Skills – Professional drivers gain generously from my input when applying to drive an abnormal vehicle, or taking up a new role at work. I strongly recommend reorientation, to update on technology that is ever changing.
I guess that’s me, Garry Meggs in Winton, Cork in a reasonable-sized nut shell. Please contact me if I can be of assistance, and if the fit is good I’ll do my best. See you then.